Monday, October 12, 2009

Back in the 12th Grade!

So today was my first day back in the 12th grade. I have so many reservations with this group of students. I have a bit less confidence in my ability to teach a group of people that are only 6-7 years younger than me. I don't want to, but I feel like they are too close to being my peers. It also doesn't help that it is a British Literature class, which wasn't my strongest forte during undergrad. I tend to understand American Lit a lot more.

As far as the class goes, though, the students seem great. There is actually a boy that I remember from my Pre-professional work a few years ago. He was just a freshman back then. I also ran into another boy who was in that class a few years ago. It was kind of amusing and they seem like they might be good allies to have around.

My CT is really nice. She wants me to do as much as I want, but I am just not sure how to pry my way into the class. I knew it would be hard to come in mid-term, but I am just unsure what to expect from the students. It is just my first day, though, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to figure out how the class flows and find my way into things.

No comments:

Post a Comment