Monday, October 24, 2011

"Professional" Conference...

So, I was sitting here, on my bed, in the hotel room, waiting for the Sandman, thinking how much like college this is beginning to feel, possibly writing a blog entry, when my roommate and I hear a knock on the door and the sound of rapidly retreating footsteps.  Looking at one another, it was easy to figure out which of our colleagues it would be.  I wasn't at all surprised, ladies.  Yes, you two.

And yes, reader, teachers like to have fun too (read: be immature).

But in all seriousness, here comes another first in my short-lived career: The conference.

I have to admit I was reluctant to come.  So far, since leaving campus and carpooling up to the hotel, I've thought multiple times about how the next two days away from the students will be.  Yes, it will be a nice time away, but giving up control for two days knowing things have to be learned is a bit nerve-wracking.

Well, here's to a new experience.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment