Thursday, November 26, 2009

In the zone, Chief.

Tuesday was awesome, and it only strengthened my feelings that I have made the right choice in careers. I tried the different reading groups, and that seemed to work. I had to stop for some classroom management but not too often and with great success. The thing that made took it to the next level was the final activity that I had planned. We read chapter 4 of Frankenstein and learned that Victor stole the body parts from charnel-houses, or a vault use to store bones and bodies. So, what I did was print out different styles of bodies and put them into envelopes which served as our charnel-houses. The students then picked out a body part without looking. This made it so they would get legs that did not match torsos or arms. Any way, it went really well. Everyone was laughing at their messed up figures. It was fun. The only thing I would have done differently was to get more supplies. It took a really long time for everyone to get what they needed and tape the pieces together. But, all in all, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment