Monday, November 9, 2009

Sad Conditions...

Forgive the overdue update. However, I am spurred into writing by a regretful situation. I am not sure if I should write about it. On one hand, it is part of being a teacher and the relationships I am building with students. On the other, I do not want to explicitly write about a student's life. Therefore, I will try to maintain anonymity for my student. Forgive me if it is vague.

One of the most challenging and tragic situations I can think of for a teacher to experience has already happened to me. I had heard about the car crash that occurred very early Sunday morning, I heard the last name of the victims, but did not make the connection until my CT told me why She would not be in class today. I was shocked. Hearing one of my students was involved in a brutal accident at the hands of an allegedly intoxicated driver made me confused. How am I supposed to feel? I should probably be strong. Students look to teachers to be a foundation in this situation. Still, I can not help but to feel such a great remorse for what my students must be going through. And the for the student involved. To lose members of your family who were in the car with you, yet be in so much physical pain. My thoughts are with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment